Who Provides Therapy for Depression?

Monday, November 26, 2012

Image of a therapist

There are many kinds of people who have been trained to give therapy and help you. These include:

  1. Psychiatrists (they write MD after their name)

  2. Psychologists (they write PhD, PsyD, EdD, or MS after their name)

  3. Social workers (they write DSW, MSW, LCSW, LICSW, or CCSW after their name)

  4. Counselors (they write MA, MS, LMFT, or LCPC after their name)

  5. Psychiatric nurses (they write APRN or PMHN after their name)

More important than their training, you should find someone you can talk with honestly and openly. Your therapist won’t have all the answers, but the key is to find someone you can work with as a partner to help you find answers.

we are strong enough to quit

Quit Guide

From those of us at Smokefree Women…Congratulations! You are taking the first step towards a healthier, new lifestyle.

Start Today
Woman looking at her cell phone

Having a Baby?

SmokefreeMOM is a text messaging program that provides quitting tips and encouragement.

Smiling woman holding her hand under her chin
Sign Up

Our Tools

The Smokefree Women Web site includes a variety of interactive tools to help you quit smoking.